When should a couple choose IUI treatment?
IUI can be a very beneficial procedure for couples in different situations.
In any of the following scenarios, the male partner:
- Subnormal semen parameters include a low sperm count and defective sperm morphology.
- Sexual dysfunction: Impotence (erectile dysfunction), Anejaculation (inability to ejaculate sperm)
If the female partner is in any of these situations:
- Ovulation or ovulatory dysfunction
- Infections or previous cervical surgery
- Infertility that is not explained
- Failure to induce ovulation
- Minimal endometriosis
- Semen allergy: Although uncommon, a female partner may be allergic to semen proteins. Ejaculation into the vagina can cause redness, burning, and swelling.
The procedure of IUI Treatment-
The IUI procedure takes approximately four weeks or around 28 days from start to finish. The duration is comparable to that of a typical menstrual period.
- You and your partner will undergo a comprehensive examination before you start the IUI process. This could include bloodwork, semen analyses, and ultrasound.
- Oral fertility medicine is given for five days, and injectable medication for two weeks. This can increase your chances of ovulation and the release of multiple eggs. These medications are not necessary for everyone.
- It is quick to inseminate. Inserting the sperm takes only a few moments. After the procedure, your healthcare provider might ask you to lie down for approximately 15 minutes.
- Two weeks after insemination, you can test for pregnancy.
Is IUI Procedure painful?
Most people believe IUI is difficult. In reality, IUI isn’t uncomfortable. It only takes a few minutes. Because IUI is less invasive, people don’t need to be sedated or use painkillers. Patients might feel a little pinching (similar to what happens during routine pap smears) as the catheter passes through the cervix.
IUI Treatment in India: How successful is it?
IUI success rates fluctuate based on many factors. If the couple performs the cycle each month, it can increase their chances of having children. The success rate of IUI treatment in India depends on many factors, including her experience with fertility drugs, and the type of infertility.
The IUI is cheaper than IVF and has a lower pregnancy rate. Your doctors will recommend the best IUI care to improve the success rate of IUI.