Who should go for Infertility Tests?
Infertility testing may also be recommended for people who have known fertility issues or who have certain risk factors for fertility problems, such as:
- A history of sexually transmitted infections
- A history of pelvic surgery
- Endocrine disorders, such as hypothyroidism or polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- A family history of genetic disorders
- Certain lifestyle factors, such as smoking or heavy alcohol consumption
It’s important to note that infertility can affect both men and women, and both partners may need to undergo testing in order to determine the cause of fertility problems.
What is AMH Test and how much does it cost?
The ability of a woman to create eggs that can be fertilized for pregnancy is frequently assessed with an AMH test. When a woman is ready to have children, her ovaries can produce hundreds of eggs. The quantity decreases as a woman ages. How many viable egg cells a woman still has is indicated by her AMH levels. So if you are looking for an AMH test in Srinagar, then Imprimis would be a good option for you!
Normally the AMH test cost in Srinagar range from ₹1300 to ₹2750. Although it depends on the infertility clinic, you have visited.
What is Male Infertility Tests?
There are several different tests that may be used to evaluate male fertility. These tests may include:
- Semen analysis: Semen analysis in Srinagar involves examining a sample of the man’s semen under a microscope to check for the presence and number of sperm, as well as their size and shape. Although, Sperm analysis costs around 400 to 800Rs else, it also depends upon the clinic.
- Hormonal tests: It tests measure the levels of hormones in the blood that are involved in the production of sperm.
- Genetic tests: These tests look for genetic abnormalities that may be causing infertility, such as a chromosomal abnormality or a genetic condition that affects fertility.
- Physical examination: The doctor may also perform a physical examination to look for any physical problems that may be causing infertility, such as an undescended testicle or a varicocele (enlarged vein in the scrotum).
- Specialized tests: If the cause of infertility is not clear after the initial tests, the doctor may recommend more specialized tests, such as a testicular biopsy or a vasography (a test to check the patency of the vas deferens).
What are Female Infertility Tests?
There are several different tests that may be used to evaluate female fertility. These tests may include:
- Ovulation testing: This involves checking for the presence of certain hormones in the blood or urine to determine whether the woman is ovulating (releasing an egg from the ovary).
- Pelvic exam: Our IVF experts will examine the woman’s reproductive organs to check for any abnormalities or problems that may be causing infertility.
- Hormonal testing: The doctor may check the levels of hormones in the blood that are involved in the menstrual cycle and ovulation.
- Imaging tests: These tests use specialized equipment to create images of the woman’s reproductive organs. Examples include ultrasound, MRI, and CT scans.
- Hysterosalpingography (HSG): It is a test that uses X-rays to create images of the uterus and fallopian tubes.
- Laparoscopy: This is a surgical procedure in which a small camera (laparoscope) is inserted through a small incision in the abdomen to examine the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries.
What is the Fertility Cost in India?
Fertility test costs in India can vary depending on the specific tests being performed and the location of the testing. Some fertility tests in Srinagar may be covered by insurance, while others may require payment out-of-pocket. Generally, fertility testing in India tends to be less expensive than in other countries. However, it is still important to discuss the cost of fertility testing with a healthcare provider or fertility specialist before undergoing any testing.