Who Should Go For IVF?
IVF treatment is required majorly in two cases Primary Infertility-When a couple is unable to conceive naturally after several years of marriage. Secondary Infertility When a couple faces infertility issues after one successful pregnancy and is unable to conceive naturally.
Following are some conditions for which IVF is recommended-
- Damaged or Blockage in the Fallopian Tube- The fallopian tube is the location where sperm fertilizes the woman’s egg cases when the fallopian tube is damaged or blocked it prevents the sperm from fertilizing the egg which is the cause of female infertility.
- Ovulation Disorder- Ovulation is the natural process that occurs every month in the female life. During this time ovaries release the mature eggs for fertilization. An ovulation disorder refers to the situation when there are infrequent menstrual cycles or the ovaries fail to release mature eggs which hinders fertility.
- Endometriosis- Endometriosis is a disorder in which tissue similar to the lining of your uterus grows outside of your uterine cavity. The lining of your uterus is called the endometrium which causes infertility.
- Unexplained Infertility- In some cases, the root cause of infertility can not be assessed or easily seen. IVF can treat such cases.
- Uterine Fibroids – Uterine Fibroids are tumor-like growths in the uterus. They are non-cancerous they are non-dangerous and seldom form into disease.
They are exceptionally normal and happen in ladies during the fertility age.
- Male Infertility – Sometimes male infertility causes the inability to conceive naturally due to low sperm quality, low sperm count, and low sperm motility.
IVF Treatment Process-
IVF consists of a series of steps that are performed for 21-25 days. The basic cycle of IVF-ICSI includes:
- Stimulation: Every menstrual cycle, women typically create one mature egg during this stage of the IVF process. However, in IVF, more than one egg is needed to create a healthy embryo. In order to raise follicles and subsequently the number of eggs, ovarian stimulation using fertility medications is performed.
- Egg Retrieval Process: The oocyte or egg retrieval method is another name for this stage of IVF treatment. This technique is used to retrieve several eggs from a woman’s ovary. The IVF Process’ second step is this.
- Fertilization Process: Egg and sperm are mixed in a carefully regulated environment to fertilize in a petri dish and develop into a healthy embryo.
- Embryo Development: Until they develop into blastocysts, fertilized eggs are watched carefully. They are also being examined for genetic disorders at this time.
- Embryo Transfer: A catheter is used to insert developed embryos into a woman’s uterus. Pregnancy happens if the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. The IVF Process ends with this phase.
Cost Of An IVF Treatment-
IVF procedures typically cost 1.5 lakhs, though this might vary depending on the couple’s overall health. For the couple, extra medications and therapies can be advised, which would increase the expense.